Tax Credit Information: Windows & Patio Doors
Revere offers a complete line of windows and
patio doors that qualify for the Energy Tax Credit
Revere® windows and patio doors are manufactured for comfort, durability and superior energy efficiency. And now, when you purchase qualifying Revere windows and patio doors you can earn a credit of up to 30% of the product cost and up to $1,500 on your federal income tax*.
In accordance with the new Stimulus Package, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 has modified and extended the federal tax credits for eligible building components that improve energy efficiency. Eligible windows, doors and skylights must have a U-Factor of 0.30 or less, and a Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) of 0.30 or less.
How does one qualify for the tax credit?
- Purchase any Revere window or patio door with a qualifying Barrier XP® Insulated Glass Package. A qualifying insulated glass package will be any glass unit that enables the window or patio door to achieve the required U-factor and SHGC of 0.30 or lower.
- Purchase and install qualifying products beginning January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2010 and meet all other criteria outlined in the federal tax code.
- Retail sales receipts and all NFRC, ENERGY STAR, and Manufacturer Certification labels and file with all of your other tax documents.
- Claim the tax credit associated with your qualifying purchase on your federal filing for the 2009 and the 2010 tax year.
Details of the 2009/2010 Energy Tax Credit
- Tax credit is for the cost of the product only and includes no installation costs. Make sure that you request a sales receipt that indicates product cost only.
- The tax credit is up to 30% of the amount paid for the product up to a maximum of $1,500 combined for 2009 and 2010, which may include other eligible items as listed in the IRS Notice.**
Further information will be available on this site as program guidelines develop.
*Many Revere window and door products manufactured with certain versions of the Barrier XP Insulated Glass Package will qualify when used for remodeling, replacement or home improvement. These glass packages contain many combinations of low emissivity (Low-E) glass and an argon or krypton inert gas fill. Different window or patio door models offered by Revere may require alternative combinations to meet the federal requirements. It is always suggested to consult your tax planner and review all IRS guidelines. Revere nor its representatives shall act as a tax advisor.
**The above is the best available information and is a partial summary of the revisions to the federal tax code (U.S. Code Title 26, Section 25C) as updated by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
The following link and the IRS website should be consulted for additional information (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id+154657,00.html).
Revere bears no responsibility in the validation of obtaining the tax credit.
Revere expressly disclaims any responsibility for determining whether a particular product qualifies for the tax credit. Further, Revere does not intend to and is not providing legal or tax advice and recommends that purchasers consult their own tax advisor to determine whether the products they purchase qualify for the tax credit. Please consult with a professional tax advisor or the IRS. Additional information can be found at: www.energystar.gov/taxcredits.
"ENERGY STAR" is a registered trademark of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Revere is a registered trademark. All other marks where denoted are marks of Revere.